Aizu Bukeyashiki is a museum facility centered around the residence of Saigo Tanomo, who was a chief retainer in the Aizu Domain. There is the Historical Walk Zone with the former bailiff’s office which has been designated an important cultural asset, a tea room, a rice mill, the Aizu Historical Archives, Kokon, where you can purchase Aizu crafts and souvenirs, and the restaurant Kuyotei where you can taste local Aizu cuisine.
Fukushima-ken, Aizu-Wakamatsu-shi, Higashiyamamachi, Ishiyama Innai 1
- Opening Hours
- 【 April ~ November】8：30 ～ 17：00 ／【November ~ March】9：00 ～ 16：30
*Visit requires about one hour
- Admission Adults: 850 yen
Junior High and High School Students: 550 yen
Elementary School Students: 450 yen
- Open Every Day
- Taxi (7 minutes) or bus (15 minutes) from Aizu-Wakamatsu Station
- Approx. 15 minutes by car from the Aizu-Wakamatsu IC on the Ban-etsu Expressway
- From JR Aizu-Wakamatsu Station catch the Haikarasan or Akabe route buses (Machinaka Shuyu Bus) and alight at the Aizu Bukeyashiki bus stop.
Because it is an outdoor complex, there are no doors at the entrance. There are stairs at the front entrance.
- Disabled Parking
- Wheelchair Accessible Toilet
- Nursing Room
- Foreign Language Staff
- 〇 English
- Accepts Credit Cards
- Souvenir shop only
Assistance dog 〇
- Wheelchair Rental
- Disabled Parking
- Entrance Steps
- 13 cm × 30 steps
As it is an outdoor complex, there are no doors at the entrance. There are stairs at the front entrance. There is, however, a separate entrance for wheelchair users and others who have difficulty with stairs via the restaurant Kuyotei or the souvenir shop Kokon. Inside there is an elevator by which you may enter the complex. The entrance to Kuyotei has a ramp and there are no steps at the entrance to Kokon. Both have automatic doors.
- In the building with restaurant Kuyotei and souvenir shop Kokon
- Door Width
Wheelchair Accessible Toilet 1
- Toilet Information
- Outside souvenir shop Kokon
- Multipurpose Bed
- Baby Chair
- Baby Changing Table
- Foreign Language Instructions
Go through Kokon and it is outside in the toilet block. (Along with the general toilets.)
- Foreign Langauge Menus
In the building with restaurant Kuyotei
There are two entrances: one from the car park and one from within the complex. The building is two-story with an elevator that may be used to enter the complex.
Other Facilities 1
The path within the complex is partially wheelchair-accessible, but there is also a separate path for use during winter that may be used by wheelchair users year round. Please notify the staff if you wish to use the winter path.